View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Digitalbooya
Harding is Superman!

vCash: 3385
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
I know that. But that's what makes it ridiculous and very unfair. Obviously head-to-head shouldn't be used as the #1 tiebreaker, as evidenced by Wisconsin's seeding over MSU. Like I stated earlier, it's a poor system when one team is two spots ahead of another team that it loses the individual tiebreaker with. It means your seeding is determined by results in games you didn't play in. That shouldn't happen. NHL has head-to-head as #2, behind wins. And that works more fairly.
I get why you're mad but if they used the amount of wins as the #1 couldn't it be entirely possible that some team has a 4-0 record against one team, ties them in points and then loses the seeding because they had less wins? The fact the badgers had the best record against the two other teams with 33 points proves they should be in fourth. They went 3-2-1, Minn St. went 2-4-0, Denver 2-2-1. Points against the teams go Wisconsin 7, Denver 5, and Minn St. 4. Hence the standings. What you are saying is also quite ironic. You say that the standings shouldn't be affected by games you didn't play in but yet Wisconsin didn't make you lose to Denver twice. Also out of all of this you ended up with probably the easiest series.... Omaha is really trending down. UMD is trending up. CC is back and forth. Badgers should have tied last Friday's game... We wouldn't be having this conversation