View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 12:30 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 500
Lets see why we "won" the trade.

Last year Foligno outscored and outhit Kassian in far less games. This season he has outscored and outhit him again. If you want to think that Vancouver got a good return for Hodgson that is your right to your opinion. Kassian has utterly disappeared since the start of the season. Foligno is better not really debatable. You can say that Kassian might have more "potential" but when it comes down to actual NHL production Foligno has produced more then Kassian. A lot more. Kassian is the one with more NHL games, he just has less goals, points, and hits. Kassian isn't even averaging 2 hits a game. For a bruising power forward that's unacceptable. Atleast when Foligno wasn't scoring he atleast threw his body around.

And as for Hodgson, it's not debatable who is better or has been better. Hodgson is in the top 20 of center scoring. He has nearly 3x as many points. And as all 3 of the players mentioned here are not that strong defensively, I will judge them on physicality (for marcus and Kassian) and scoring (for Hodgson and the other 2).

We won the trade merely because of the fact we turned someone who was sulking and lethargic here into a top 6 center who will anchor one of our top 2 lines for 10 + years . Vancouver can be happy with Kassian that's fine, but any non biased fan will tell you Hodgson has been so much better then Kassian. Hodgson reminds me of a young Chris Drury. That's why I'm excited about the trade and think that we got the better end of it.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote