View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 01:05 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
Yeah, you're right. I just get super pissed when Strickland puts out such ridiculous statements. Let's go ahead and trade one of our 2 premier power forwards because the LA kings showed in the playoffs that power forwards don't help you win games or anything, right?
Doesn't mean they wouldn't entertain trading him. Schwartz' emergence as a legit top 6 forward, sooner rather than later, allows the team to have more flexibility with trading a winger. Sure, I agree, Stewart has a lot of value and I want him on the team. But if he can net the kind of return that brings a player just as (or MORE) valuable to the Blues then I think he could still be traded.

The other option is to get that player(s) as an UFA in the off-season. That's an expensive strategy, and the Blues aren't likely to win a lot of those bidding wars. It failed last off-season, and I doubt their chances would be a lot higher.

However, I do think you're right that the team is unlikely to make this trade. I think Armstrong will probably trade off young assets or picks and end up getting a less "premier" type guy at the trade deadline.