View Single Post
03-13-2013, 02:11 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Doesn't mean they wouldn't entertain trading him. Schwartz' emergence as a legit top 6 forward, sooner rather than later, allows the team to have more flexibility with trading a winger. Sure, I agree, Stewart has a lot of value and I want him on the team. But if he can net the kind of return that brings a player just as (or MORE) valuable to the Blues then I think he could still be traded.

The other option is to get that player(s) as an UFA in the off-season. That's an expensive strategy, and the Blues aren't likely to win a lot of those bidding wars. It failed last off-season, and I doubt their chances would be a lot higher.

However, I do think you're right that the team is unlikely to make this trade. I think Armstrong will probably trade off young assets or picks and end up getting a less "premier" type guy at the trade deadline.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I think if anything, teams should learn from what the King's did during last year's playoffs, and how important big, strong, skilled forwards are for those playoffs series. If we want to become more like LA, we should keep as many of those forwards as possible. Also, if anyone remembers watching Chicago win the cup, you saw how important Dustin Byfuglien was. He literally just went to the net, and no one was able to stop him because he was so big.