View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
It's not out of line to point at EJ's lack of production. We want him to be that guy who can play in all situations. While it's great he's played solid defense, we need more from him than that.

He's clearly been indecisive with the puck, which could be attributed to trying to get his game back post-concussion, I don't know. But bottom line, he needs to be force at both ends of the ice to justify this trade. There are a lot of factors that can affect his production of course, but he needs to be an offensive catalyst more than ever since Sacco appears to think we can get by just fine without Tyson Barrie. That leaves EJ, SOB, and Wilson as the only guys on the blueline with any discernible puck skill whatsoever.
Has he even been used on the point on the first PP unit to start the season? I know our PP is piss-poor regardless of what we do but are we putting our confidence in him to at least PLAY on that first unit? No we're not. So we expect him to put up points but don't give him the best chance to do it? We put him out there on the 'BLACK HOLE PP' with Jones, Mitchell and Palushaj?

I guarantee that if a new coach (that knew what he was doing) was hired TODAY, he'd put EJ on the point on the 1st PP unit.

EJ can't get shots through??

I think it has a lot to do with who is setting him up as well. A lot of times, it's a desperate forward trying to get away from the forechecker with a weak pass to the point, leaving the pointman a split second to get the shot off, or try to do something else.

Ryan O'Reilly would be a good pairing for EJ on the PP, I really think they'd be able to set each other up nicely. Big SHOCKER, it's never even been tried.