View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM
FlyersMania2

vCash: 500
We all know that as far as I can remember the Flyers' org in general goes for an offensive-minded system. The problem isn't that entirely, esp since I don't think the Flyers are the type of team/fanbase/org to have a super defensive system, the biggest problem is that our system no longer works. It does not work against ANYONE. We have been utilizing similar, uncreative systems since Stevens was our coach. We dump and chase against Brodeur knowing he will get the puck out, we don't adapt against other teams - and now, the one team we had a successful game plan against (the Pens with getting under their skin) is immune (or was by the end of last game) to this effort.

Teams with far worse d-men, have managed to be good - we need to pick with 6 guys and stop playing defense roulette - it obv shows the lack of comfortability every game we shuffle it around. The D and goalies need to communicate better - we need a new system.

I LIKED Lavy but ever since our cup run and the loss of Pronger - our system doesn't work. I would give Murray a chance, I always thought he was a better coach than he was given credit for.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote