View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Harsh to say the least, given their penchant for authoring some pretty crazy comebacks over the last few years. There are things to complain about, but being quitters or being overly fragile mentally are probably not the first that come to mind. Their record this season after being down is pretty miserable though.

Torts is a boss. I know I'm supposed to hate the Rangers, being a Flyers fan and all, but they make it difficult.
Over the years they have been prone to some really long bouts (pronounced losing streaks) caused by mental fragility. They have become less the last couple of years but now the Flyers can't win more than 2 games in a row.

Most of this year they have been lamenting their lack of effort and there have been numerous quotes of them packing it in after only being down a goal. This is a harsh truth coming from the players themselves...

This year they are really showing mental fragility and lack of effort. I mean it goes back to Stevens who didn't prepare this team right...they couldn't play 60 mins and it took Lavi coming in and a goal by Giroux and a stop by Boosh to salvage 2010. But since then they have still lamented about not playing 60 minutes and about their constantly slow starts. So yeah they can be classified as mentally fragile for the most part except that run at the end in 2010.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote