View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Aapo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
Why not?

What did you see in the AHL that leads you to believe Granlund was dominant 5 on 5 in the AHL?

If people believe that a PPG=dominant, then I simply disagree with your definition of dominant.

Not to beat a dead horse but Granlund had some of the same problems in the AHL that he did in the NHL. He had a hard time cycling, he did not move his feet, he backchecked some games, and he was not in good position 5 on 5. He was deadly on the half-wall on the PP and on odd-man rushes.

I am not saying he is a horrible player at all. I just don't agree with anyone that asserts a player cannot improve playing in the AHL.
I actually do think Granlund generally played very well in the AHL. He was a constant threat in the offensive zone, imo even 5 on 5, with a good shot, good- to great play making and he still surprised many in the way that he took responsibility in the defense. Much more impressed with him than with Zucker and Coyle for as long as they all played together. Wished that Yeo would have given him more confidence and kept him as a wing in the top 6.

AHL is great for Larsson who gets to build confidence in his offensive abilities, for Phillips who can adopt to a speedier game, even for Coyle and Zucker if the team hadn't needed them. But I'm not a fan of the seemingly erratic handling of Granlund, hopefully at least that ends now.

Aapo is offline   Reply With Quote