View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
I actually think he will be back. Who else are we going to be able to get to replace him with? Tambo has shown he is not big on big trades, and I doubt top 4 D will want to sign here for a reasonable price. Plus, we should be able to get him on a 1 year deal for less than his current cap hit. That should give Klefbom more time to develop as well. He is less than perfect, but to let him walk/trade him away and count on Potter to be in the lineup every game would be brutal.
I rather move Whitney so they are forced to fix the issue. The biggest issue on that back end this year outside of playing a rookie 22-25 minutes a night for a good chunk of the year was that they had no backup plan for Whitney. We all knew that Whitney could be a top 4 if healthy, the problem was him being healthy. Are we going to go through the same thing again next year for 20 games? Struggle and hope Whitney comes around?

I'm all for keeping Whitney, but you keep him as a bottom pairing d-man and if he plays like a top 4 you have yourself a bonus. Not pay him like a top 4, expect top 4 play and then he plays 40% of the year like a #9 d-man.