View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
I projected 55pts at the beginning of the season as "the number". But teams have played more than half the season (26gp:22left) and are only at 28 points as the 8th seed cut. Likely reason for this is how competitive it is in the West. There is no "Terri-awful" teams for everyone to beat up and accumulate points against like CBJ, EDM, COL, have been in the past.

At this pace the magic number could be 52-53
Your number is likely off. The average team in the west already has 4 OT pts so all other things being equal expect that number to climb to 7 meaning that the average pts would be 55 as you projected earlier. Given that teams play harder and games get tighter down the stretch tie games usually increase in frequency as well so I simply can't see anything less than 55pts making it in the west. I doubt the Canucks end up with less than 55pts either if thats anybodies angle. We're not finishing first in division, and we're not going to make the playoffs.

I'd expect around 48pts as the team tries to stay in the pack and make it interesting. But I don't see much of a chance here.