Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Mikael Granlund
View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Jbcraig1883

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustaf View Post
I actually do think Granlund generally played very well in the AHL. He was a constant threat in the offensive zone, imo even 5 on 5, with a good shot, good- to great play making and he still surprised many in the way that he took responsibility in the defense. Much more impressed with him than with Zucker and Coyle for as long as they all played together. Wished that Yeo would have given him more confidence and kept him as a wing in the top 6.

AHL is great for Larsson who gets to build confidence in his offensive abilities, for Phillips who can adopt to a speedier game, even for Coyle and Zucker if the team hadn't needed them. But I'm not a fan of the seemingly erratic handling of Granlund, hopefully at least that ends now.
I respect your opinion. How many games did you see?

I thought that Zucker was easily the more "dominant" player while in the AHL together. I thought Coyle was the best at cycling and understanding of NHL positioning. We will just have to agree to disagree on our viewings of Granlund.

Not sure I am reading your last paragraph correctly. If you are asserting that Granlund is more NHL ready than Zucker or Coyle with this team at this team, I disagree. As for Larsson and Phillips, Larsson had played great the past two weeks. I believe he would be better in a bottom 6 role than Granlund due his board play and better defensive awareness. Phillips is a long way off.

In short, I still have a lot of faith in Granlund because of his intelligence, hands, and vision. I don't think him being sent down right now is going to have a negative effect on his development.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote