Thread: Line Combos: Reunite ROR and Landy
View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 05:23 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
While I agree on putting those two back together 'eventually', there are two things keeping me from wanting it actually done.

For one... If they are going to trade Stastny, then he needs the best line-mates to bolster his value. (I personally want to keep all three if we can get Stastny's contract down a little (5.5M AAV), and O'Reilly to agree to a long term 5M AAV contract.)

Second, O'Reilly plays a better bottom six game, and is just more versitile in who he can be effective with.

We as fans are going to have to be a little understanding with O'Reilly and his paycheck. I think most of us can see that he is worth his contract. I mean look how well hes played after being out so long...

But.. until he gets the ice time and line-mates needed to produce offensively at a top 6 level. We are going to have to be objective & patient, and hope that management can do the same.

One thing that is comforting to know is that 'if' one of our centers gets injured, we still have two top 6 centers. So you pay a little more to O'Reilly with the understanding that hes more valuable than a third line center, but as long as their contracts collectively are reasonable. It can be managed...

It sounds a lot better to say we're paying 16-17M for 3 top 6 centers, than to just say we are paying 5M AAV for a third line center.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 03-13-2013 at 05:29 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote