Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Mikael Granlund
View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Aapo

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcraig1883 View Post
I respect your opinion. How many games did you see?

I thought that Zucker was easily the more "dominant" player while in the AHL together. I thought Coyle was the best at cycling and understanding of NHL positioning. We will just have to agree to disagree on our viewings of Granlund.

Not sure I am reading your last paragraph correctly. If you are asserting that Granlund is more NHL ready than Zucker or Coyle with this team at this team, I disagree. As for Larsson and Phillips, Larsson had played great the past two weeks. I believe he would be better in a bottom 6 role than Granlund due his board play and better defensive awareness. Phillips is a long way off.

In short, I still have a lot of faith in Granlund because of his intelligence, hands, and vision. I don't think him being sent down right now is going to have a negative effect on his development.
Well, if that wasn't meant to discredit me, the honest answer is that I saw all Aeros games with Granlund and then most without him, although none live. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Imo Zucker wasn't dominant until about when Granlund got hurt.

Based on their AHL performance I definitely think Granlund was most NHL ready. He got scared by the situation though and underperformed. Coyle, and especially Zucker did the opposite. So if performing good from the start means they were more NHL ready, than yes. Otherwise no, I still see more skill in Granlund than I do in C&Z.

Aapo is offline   Reply With Quote