View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 07:16 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothin fancy View Post
I agree with you 100%.
Pitt had the right idea. Crosby, Malkin, Stall are better centers, costing 21-22M, but they didnt have the depth on wing. We have some solid wingers to make 3 lines and it would be hard for other teams to contain them.
The biggest problem/ concern would be how the minutes be shared up between the 3.
I think it wouldn't be so much the 'lines' when it comes to ice time, Duchene @ 21:00, Stastny @ 20:00, O'Reilly @ 19:00...

You basically run three centers, sometimes Stastny or O'Reilly might be put out with the fourth line wingers in certain situations. Mitchell could be used at center or LW, depending on the situation.

Besides last game (O'Reilly @ 16:28) O'Reilly has played 17,18,19, and 18 minutes. Duchene & Stastny are both still getting 19-21 minutes a game, so they are all already being given plenty of ice time.

Landeskog gets about 19 a game right now as well, the rest of the wingers are mostly situational. So the three centers and the top 9 are already being managed effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Stålberg is like bizarro David Jones.

If you combine them and only took the best parts, you'd get a pretty good hockey player. If you only took the worst parts, you have a guy that would struggle in AHL.

But yeah, he's probably going to get paid and be as well liked as David Jones is now.
From what I have seen Stalberg's effort level is far and away better than Jone's on a consistent basis. The show up one day, and disappear for three, is what really drives me crazy about Jones.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 03-13-2013 at 07:23 PM.
CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote