View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Lurch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Eh, if Hershey wants a different affiliate they're free to make the move. There's no particular obligation based on what was accomplished a few years ago. They're probably the most demanding AHL franchise and if they can get a better set-up then they should go for it.

That train wreck = no NHL playoffs = players available for the Bears once the NHL regular season is over so I wouldn't view that too negatively purely from a Bears standpoint. They just need to maintain a playoff spot and wait.

There's not much you can do about injuries. It's a fact of life for any AHL affiliate. In the next month or so they could have Forsberg & Wey join them after their season's end, though I'm not sure the later would play all that much initially. It's possible they could sign some college FA forwards that could contribute and improve their depth up front (a pretty big issue it seems). Should the Caps sell at the deadline they could receive additional AHL contributors. A parent club sucking is typically far from a bad thing for an AHL affiliate (see the first few years of the affiliation).
As bad as the Caps have been playing recently, I think they have a much better shot at making the playoffs then Hershey at this point. At least we should all be able to root for the Royals chasing down the Kelly Cup. Even with their very depleted roster they are tearing up the ECHL.

Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote