View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 09:23 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
I should've elaborated. The reason I mentioned 2 D from each team was with the goal to get either. The UFA Ds are terrible. We'd end up paying 4m for a 2nd pairing D. And we definitely need a D even if we can't get a top pairing one.

Rundblad or Cole would be good additions to the Flyers, so if we force their teams to act on their top priorities the may have to let those guys go for a 2nd rd pick. I chose St.louis and Phoenix specifically because of how many players they need to resign and their financial situations.

The goal would be to offer the highest contract possible to OEL or Shat or Pietroangelo without having compensation include a 2nd rd pick so that we can also offer other teammates sheets.

Or does anyone know if the pick has to be in the next draft or the next 2? If its next 2 then it opens the door for the next range of compensation.

I don't think an offer sheet for four 1sts is realistic so I wouldn't suggest that.
It's the next draft, unsigned RFAs (like subban, ror) for this year count against the 2013 draft. Summers RFAs will be 2014 draft yr.

The salary for 2nd round comp is so low they will match no matter how high the other offer to the other RFA is.

STL fans seem to think if we offered 4 1sts comp for skirk they would take, but they match lower comps (previous thread).

We won't get anyone through RFA, as much as I want it.