View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Rumblick

vCash: 500
Wow - Lurch is the typical spoiled Hershey fan in a nutshell. We don't win two of those Cups without Neuvirth in goal, Carlson & Alzner (and to a slightly lesser extent, Schultz) on the blue line, and forwards like Bourque (a Caps signing and property, so I can't see how you say we had him despite Washington), Andrew Gordon, Matthieu Perreault, Bouchard, and others. A good number of the others (Aucoin, Giroux, etc.) were on 2-way deals, which we can't sign except for McPhee's say-so. This season, with fewer Caps spots available, more of the Bears have been on Hershey-only contracts, and you see the results.

The Caps didn't "let Bourque go" - he was an unrestricted free agent. They actually made a good move with him, trading his rights for Zach Hamill, who they used to get Casey Wellman, one of the brighter spots on this current team. BTW, Bourque couldn't stay with the Bruins and is now back at his talent level - the AHL. He'll be in Europe full time before too long.

If you've been a Bears fan as long as you claim, you should remember the Fixter years. At least the Cpas give us leeway to sign our own players. Colorado didn't care about the W-L record, and they said so during our 0-16-2 streak in 2001-02.

You want a lousy affiliate? Look at Albany, Springfield (prior to this year), San Antonio, and any number of others. Our agreement with the Caps is one of the best out there. Seven seasons, three Cups, four Finals, and five seasons of 100 or more points.

Oh, and as "qualifications" and location seem to be a major point with you: Hershey resident since 1997, Bears fan since 1989, season ticket holder since 1991, and I've been following NHL hockey since 1970.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote