View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 09:52 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I would also recommend the NWM add on for the NAM. The widened networks are almost a magic "congestion-be-gone" marker, particularly the TLA 3, 5, and 7.

Road Top Mass Transit is another really good pack.

Aside from that, a couple interface and informational mods are good, and maybe a larger hospital. This is the hospital I use for high density areas: http://community.simtropolis.com/fil...onal-hospital/

There are much bigger hospitals, but I really dont consider a hospital with 30,000 patient capacity and an ambulance radius that covers an entire large tile map very sporting. This one seems balanced. Reduces my hospital clusters from having 8 of the "Large Medical Center" hospitals to only needing 2 or 3 of these.

But yeah, Sim City 4 has endless possibilities. Build a city from scratch and watch it grow, or keep the simulation paused and re-create your home town from ploppable buildings. The only way you lose at Sim City is if you aren't having fun.

For instance my goal currently is to see how many people I can pack into a 16x16 region. So far I'm at 20,000,000 people with about 1/5 of the region left to build.
The place where I got NAM has a recently updated installation (within the past few weeks) that includes:

New "Monolithic" package--all previous separate download plugins now included in the main package, including
RealHighway Mod (RHW)
Network Widening Mod (NWM)
Railway Addon Mod (RAM)
High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)
Street Addon Mod (SAM)
Rural Roads Plugin
NAM Retexture and Cosmetic Mods (North American and Euro)
Virtually all previously released bridges
RealHighway Mod now updated to "Project 57" specs, with Multi-Height networking, and Wider RHW Bridges.
New Draggable Fractional Angle Road system.
Maxis Highway Override ("Project Symphony") by MandelSoft and jdenm8.
For the first time ever, transit stations and hole-digger/raiser lots are included.
Disappearing construction lots, making the use of starter pieces vastly simpler and less cumbersome.
A few odds and ends for the Network Widening Mod.
Two new styles of SAM Streets: Klinker Streets by squidi and jplumbley (Set 6) and Moonlight Japanese Streets (Set 10)
Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool (TSCT) updated.

http://community.simtropolis.com/fil...ows-installer/