Thread: Post-Game Talk: Habs 4, Sens 3 (SO)
View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
Must be the wrong Gryba. My Gryba was awful today. Could never clear the puck, scored at least 3 giveaways and half of those undisciplined plays you are talking about were on him.
I'm not saying Gryba was some incredible stalwart tonight but the guy just played 21:52 against some tough competition. Montreal has a ton of speed in their lineup and he dealt with it. He's made plenty of mistakes since being called up but the guy has been huge for the team and is consistently playing top 4 minutes for the #1 ranked defensive team in the NHL. I seriously don't know who else in the organization could have stepped up in the role he's been asked to play.

If he eliminates some gaffs from his game and makes decision a bit quicker, he could have a career as a quality top 4 shutdown guy. Shoot, he's already playing the role and performing better than most guys around the league. I keep waiting for him to show he doesn't belong but he's not faltering. He had a bit of a rough stretch a week ago but it didn't get to him and he had strong back to back games against two of the best teams in the league.

The crazy thing about it all is that Gryba started off the year in Bingo playing some awful hockey. He looked so slow down there and was their worst D by far in the first games. That was bad for him considering how deep they were, but Luke showed confidence in him. Once Benoit, Wiercioch and Boro were all up with Ottawa he was the #1 down there and playing fantastic hockey at both ends if the ice. Ottawa needed a right hand shot and... the rest is history. This guy is not going to play another game in AHL unless its in a long playoff run this May/June. Biggest surprise of the season for me and a coup for the organization.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote