View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 10:55 PM
punch1943

vCash: 500
Spits have tough Decision According to Warren?

The Spitfires have a tough decision according to WR (see quote in the Star).

The Spits have two first-round picks in this year’s CHL Import Draft, their own and Niagara's but they already have a potential Import returnee in Pavelka.

Perhaps the rules have changed more than I understand. I realize that from now on Import picks can't be traded but does this prevent import players already on the roster such as Pavelka from being traded. If so then it means that if the Spits draft Billy Bob Boborovski he can't be traded even he plays like he belongs in a ringette league OR DOES THE RULE APPLY ONLY TO IMPORT PICKS IN THE IMPORT DRAFT ITSELF.

Quoting from the article by Rob Parker...

"Teams can only have two import players on the roster." If I'm correct teams could carry 3 imports for a period of time but could only play two in a game. Am I incorrect or if I'm correct has this rule been changed?

Since the extra pick this year can't be traded it would be ridiculous to pass on it. At worst one of the 3 players could be released or perhaps teams are now prevented from releasing a player.....

and last but not least...not only would Pavelka be returning as an Import he would be taking up an overage slot......