View Single Post
Old
03-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergus View Post
I disagree with the first underlined sentence. You can sell me on potential all you want, but until Kassian proves that he can be a successful power forward, there is no way for you to make that claim. Hodgson on the other hand has shown he can be, at worst a 2nd line center.

Right now Vancouver fans are hanging their hats on the idea that Kassian may be the next Bertuzzi. He may very well end up being the next Everett Sanipass.

To the second underlined statement, I agree, there doesn't always HAVE to be a winner. However, sometimes there clearly is! In this case I think Vancouver will be kicking themselves for a long time to come.

Only time will tell. It is nice, though, to not have to be the fan base justifying why it wasn't a horrible trade. From a sabres fan perspective, there is no way to call this a bad trade. The jury is still out for Vancouver fans (as evident by any thread discussing the trade on their forum).
We whine about every trade, so it's nothing special

Kassian potential is rarer, but he's also risker. It's a risk you gotta take sometimes.

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote