View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 02:04 AM
weems

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Crosby level? No, don't be silly.

Generational talent, however? Hell yes. He's a more impressive Dman prospec than E. Johnson, Doughty, Hedman, Larsson or anyone else has been at the same age. My personal feeling is that he will be the best highly touted Dman drafted since Chris Pronger.

That makes him a perennial Norris contender and could contend for other hardware, as well. But no, he's not going to be neck-and-neck with Sid every year for best player in the world. He'll be a notch below. There's no Sid equivalent (i.e. Bobby Orr type) yet in the game. We'll see if Sean Day becomes that player, but it's too soon, and Jones, while awesome, won't be quite that.
I agree with him being a better prospect then any of the mentioned previously drafted Dmen. I think the most exciting part with Jones is althought hes already a very dominant player hes still raw in certain areas with what seems like penty of room to grow. He also will be a absolute beast physically when hes about 25 and if he can keep his elite mobility with the added weight he will be a problem. I dont think he can step right into the NHL an be a force and think it might take some time with him but when he matures and gets accustomed to the league he will be a monster.

I see him as a more physical Pietrangelo in his prime.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote