View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 03:31 AM
c4rdsh4rk

vCash: 500
anyone ever had custom fitted skates?

i have very wide feet, even when measuring my foot at the skate shop they tell me it would barely fit in EE. length is 9.5 skate size.

my goalie skates are bearable but ive yet to find a good fit for player skates. my latest skate is 9.5 ee bauer vapor 7.0. the skating is great but after the game and pulling the skates off, my feet were in very bad pain on the sides (like i always have with skates). breaking in some more might help a bit but is there anything else i could do to potentially help with the width (side pains)? im thinking the insole would help if the esges were flat, because the stock insoles curve up which would work if my foot wasnt so wide.

so basically im wondering is it common to find a better insole to help with width problems? and also what else can i do to try and alleviate the problem? i will probably try bake them a 2nd time. anything i should know about punching/stretching? im going to call the shop about that.

also as a last ditch effort, if i cant find any skates that fit and feel right even after using them on the ice, im wondering about being custom fitted. can you do that only with certain skates or does any skate company do it? is it extremely expensive or same $??

thanks.