View Single Post
Old
07-29-2006, 08:50 PM
turnbuckle*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd View Post
I think you're being slightly optimistic on those numbers, especially for the bottom 6.
I' m aware of that - I DID say "Here is an optimist's outlook on what the Hab players are CAPABLE of producing this season IMO" before presenting the list. The third line is the key, and as I said they can score anywhere from 40-60 goals.

Johnson scored 16 goals last season and he was jerked all over Phoenix's lineup, including lots of third-line duty.

If he, Pleks and Perez gel, they're all capable of 20 goal-seasons. I have the trio marked down for 52 goals - they are certainly capable of it, and might achieve it.

Most people forget that third lines often get more minutes than second lines, especially if they're up against the other team's top lines. I expect Johnson and Plekanec to get more ice time than Ribs and Samsonov on many nights. If Pleks scored on half his shorthanded breakaway chances he'd have popped 15 goals last season. I expect no less than 15 from Pleks in his second NHL season.

Zhogy as I stated is the wildcard. He could score anywhere between 7-27 goals IMO - what is the average of those two figures? 17.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote