View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 05:56 AM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

vCash: 500
Oilers all the way. They had depth of Talent in 87 that few teams have ever had. This will sound like disrespect but I think the Isles benefitted from a weak league at the time and some good luck versus Pittsburgh in that playoff series in particular...Ask yourself who was the Isles chief competion? In the West it was Edm and nobody else basically. In the East it was Philly Boston and Buffalo at different points....All had pretty serious flaws. Philly was aging and had goalie problems after they traded Peters and lost Lindbergh. Boston was a one scoring line and one checking line team and Buffalo at their best was also aging in spots and had erratic play from Housely and the rest of the backline. Isles were great, but I always had the feeling that if the East had another really loaded team they might have lost.....but they didn't. I will say this, Gerry Cheevers, a man who has been known to gamble, went on record as saying the 82-83 Bruins-an excellent but slightly thin not dynastic team-had no chance of beating the Isles and that was during 82-83 lol where they lost in a home team dominated series to the Isles.....Good call Mr. Cheevers.

Last edited by Actp: 03-14-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Actp is offline   Reply With Quote