View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Bone for your jar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I tuned in for 10 minutes yesterday and heard something like 5 callers in a row ask them whether they thought Welkaaaah was going to resign. Felger did his rant right after about the crappy callers that day, and I turned on some music because it was painful to listen to. If you have something to bring to the discussion, call in. If you just want to get on the radio to ask them something they've been talking about ad nauseum for the last 3 weeks, then do everyone a favor and don't call.
See, this to me is a symptom of how lazy the show has become. A halfway decent call screener could easily eliminate 80% of the callers who either (a) have nothing to bring to the table, or (b) have poor signals. If you don't have any decent callers on hold, then just don't take calls, until the screener identifies a good one.

Toucher & Rich have no problem going on for hours without calls, but that's because they put some production effort into the show, and make a point of discussing various topics. F&M, increasingly, simply latch on to one topic of discussion for the entire afternoon, and essentially regurgitate the same "hot" take over and over, ad infinitum. The only "production" evident on F&M is really just another variation of this: i.e., re-airing a Mazz diatribe, except at 45 rpm.