View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 08:31 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone for your jar View Post
See, this to me is a symptom of how lazy the show has become. A halfway decent call screener could easily eliminate 80% of the callers who either (a) have nothing to bring to the table, or (b) have poor signals. If you don't have any decent callers on hold, then just don't take calls, until the screener identifies a good one.

Toucher & Rich have no problem going on for hours without calls, but that's because they put some production effort into the show, and make a point of discussing various topics. F&M, increasingly, simply latch on to one topic of discussion for the entire afternoon, and essentially regurgitate the same "hot" take over and over, ad infinitum. The only "production" evident on F&M is really just another variation of this: i.e., re-airing a Mazz diatribe, except at 45 rpm.
I'm not sure it's laziness, since T&R read over the production notes that Felger prepares for every show, and they also laughed at how they as a show never do anything close to that for preparation. I think it's more of them being a victim of their own success. The better the ratings the more callers they get, and they can't all be good. I also think that the phone screeners are purposely putting bad callers through just to mess with Felger since he flips out over it. Now in terms of produced bits, yeah T&R certainly do a better job because that's right up their alley. But don't confuse things like Drunken Recap for show preparation.