View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 08:26 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
He's been really ****ing good at age 37. He's got 19 points in 26 games. You bet he'd get the same extension now...you bananas or what man?

I don't follow your post. Are you suggesting he couldn't be traded as a rental because he re-upped for another year? I don't want him traded anyway if they're going to try to win next season. And if they're not, they diminished his value by resigning him how?
I agree with dookie on this. Holmgren signed Timonen very early in a season that already had signs of going south to a deal that cap-unfriendly $6 million. Yes, I think that it definitely reduces his potential trade value.

As for his play, I am very thankful we have Timonen on the Flyers; he remains a very good defenseman at 37, but he is showing signs of overall decline.

Of course, the whole trading potential of Timonen may be moot if he told Holmgren that he would not waive his NTC. As a matter of fact, I suspect that this may have been an impetus for the resigning. But it seems pathological of Holmgren to make moves that limit his options, and that in itself is poor management.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote