View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 10:01 AM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I think if the Heat got some support from guys outside of the big three, they could get a couple of games, which is why I chose the Bulls in six. I was just starting for my HS varsity team when the Bulls were winning those championships back in the 90s, so I remember those teams quite well. Those teams were awesome, but lets not forget, it was Pippen and MJ, will a great coach, and a good supporting cast. Outside of Rodman, their roll players were not head and shoulders better than the Heats roll players. It would really come down to MJ, Pippen, and Rodman against the Heats big three, which would be so awesome to witness.

But, if we are talking about the 96 team, then we have to talk about Wade being in his prime, because MJ and Pippen were in their prime then. Wade is arguably top five in regards to top shooting guards, and his there werent many, if any, guards like him in the 90s. Of course MJ gets the advantage, but Wade would certainly get his.

And when I say that there werent many players like Wade in the 90s, there was no LeBron James in the 90s. There was a visionary playmaker in the 90s like him, in Magic, but there was never someone with his size, speed, quickness, and IQ. You are talking about a 6-8, 270 pound player than play any position on the court, and is one of the quicker players in the league. He is one of the rarest athletes the sporting world has ever seen, and while I LOVE Pippen, I think its ridiculous that people think that he would automatically shut LeBron down. He puts up numbers that havent been seen in the NBA in over 50 years, since the likes of Robertson and Wilt. If LeBron really wanted to, he could average a triple double in a season. LeBron versus Pippen would probably be one of the most entertaining matchups in the history of the game.

The reason why I think the Bulls would win a series against the Heat is because the league back then was much tougher than it is now. Heck, I think the NFL now is softer than the NBA was back then. EVERYTHING is called a foul now, where as back then, you would have to be bleeding in order to get a call, unless of course you were Jordan. It would be an interesting matchup nonetheless, but even as a Heat homer, I couldnt pick the Heat in a seven game series.

pb1300 is online now   Reply With Quote