View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Trocheck could be comparable to Goc, with more offensive upside. He's a solid PKer and is smart in all areas of the ice. I've said it before, but he has a deadly shot (49 goals). He pretty much does it all. Saginaw used him on the point on the PP, he's a PKer and this is the guy you want on the ice late in games taking faceoffs and protecting leads.

Put it into perspective though...have the Panthers ever had a more prolific OHL scoring prospect than him? I would say no, unless I'm missing someone obvious.
Unfortunately, yes...yes we have Steve Washburn scored 106 pts in 63 games in his final OHL season. The yr before that he put up 80 pts in the OHL. Maybe not someone obvious but there are some similarities with the 2 players (both centers, both drafted by the Panthers in the 3rd round, very similar careers in the OHL). Washburn also had a successful AHL campaign after turning pro too, more than a PPG player.

Another example of a prolific scorer in the OHL would be Denis Shvidki who put up 106 pts in 61 games his last yr and his previous yr from that put up 94 pts in 61 games.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble with bringing up those names and where their career went after the OHL but scoring in that league isnt going to mean much for his pro career.