View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
I'd rather have Hainsey for a playoff push than get what is essentially a 30% chance of getting a player that might one day make the NHL. This isn't a top player that will get a huge return here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Yes the team without Hainsey and with Enstrom is better. But the best option is still with BOTH Hainsey and Enstrom.
exactly. To me were looking at a stiuation of:

Negative
-reduce our chances to make the play offs
-really hope we have someone to take his spot
-send a message to the team that "asset management" is more important then winning (regardless if someone is able to take the spot after the fact, if they haven't "stolen" the spot prior to the trade, it will send this message)

positives:
-acquire an asset that has a 30% chance of being as good as Chris Thorburn.
-rather then take the chances with that asset it could be packaged with other things

To me those negatives outweigh the positives.

Now, IF, we have a D man/center that shows very positively/unequivocally of being able to match up against the toughest competition and not get destroyed, on the left side, then yes, i would move hainsey-but i still don't think he gets traded for anything less then the Oduya return. Even if you believe chicago overpaid, Hainsey is a much better d man then oduya.

Perfect world? Kulda(or clitsome) and Cormier essentially steal Hainsey/Antropovs positions prior to the deadline and so we trade them.