View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 09:41 AM
coachfluffy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Knights, I'd say, with the team we're supposed to have next year, he'd be just fine in net. He's prone to some weak goals, but who isn't? The biggest issue this year isn't the goaltending, as much as people want to believe it is. When you have four top d-men out for three months, you're going to lose games. When you have a veteran forward playing defence, you're going to lose games. You throw Sieloff and Koekkoek back there, plus Sanvido is a year older and wiser, same with Bateman and Ebert, and an experienced Brown, plus another veteran D, you've got plenty of support for Pavelka.
I think most of the d zone problems are the fault of the forwards. How many times have we seen the d get the puck to the winger on the boards (if he is there and not hanging at centre ice), and they cannot get it out from there. I have seen many goals against where Windsor had possesion in their zone five or six times and end up getting scored upon.

Spits also have to be the worst passing team I have seen in a while. Tape to tape is a foreign concept. Watch the other teams and one or two crisp passes on the breakout leads to a good scoring opportunity at the other end. Not oing to see it from Windsor. When they do get the puck out, it is seldom with possesion.

I do agree with what Dave says about the Dmen and goalies but do not want to see the forwards escape the balme they deserve.