View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 10:24 AM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I try to avoid this thread for that very reason.

"You think Boston would be willing to part with Lucic?" - No
"You think the Rangers would be interested in Bouwmeester?" - No
"You think Ottawa would trade some of their best young players for Gaborik?" - No

I mean, everyone obviously has a right to discuss trade proposals, but most of them here are either not feasible or, more importantly, ignore addressing needs and just insert players that they like. Jay Bowmeester? Why? We have a better and cheaper version in Staal.

I know its not glamorous to talk about, but I'd much rather explore options that bring in a 3C or tweener LW into the fold on the cheap - someone with little or no commitment beyond this season. Why? Because thats whats actually likely to happen.
very true i know i've stated going after jaybo in similar manor but i though jaybo play rd, my mistake.. but its true its a parallel move, you make trades to improve your team.. like on here theres a glencross and tanguay for gabs..why the hell would we do something like that? i see 3c as a need but i think we need toughness and a dubi type player back.. im going to say it again we got to call sj and try gabs for pavs and clowe.. it addresses all our needs..