View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 10:47 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Realistically, I'm not sure if Jones will go #1 overall. There's incredible pressure on guys drafted #1 overall to make an immediate positive impact on the team and other than Drew Doughty, I can't think of a single defenseman who has really done that in recent years. The #1 overall represents a chance for some downtrodden franchises to get a flashy star player to help them sell tickets. Not sure if Jones is going to be that flashy type from the get-go.

Then you look at need and you have to wonder, if Washington or Florida lands the #1 overall, would they really take Jones?

Florida has a terrible group of forwards IMO. Huberdeau is the only true 1st line player on that team, whereas Florida already has three 1st pairing / potential 1st pairing defensemen (Campbell, Gudbranson, Kulikov).

Washington has also struggled to score and they have Mike Green, John Carlson, and Karl Alzner on their back-end. Getting a MacKinnon or a Drouin might reignite the fan base and it also could potentially reignite the play of OV.

Buffalo and Tampa Bay I could 100% see taking him.

At the end of the day though, I'll be happy if we end up with any of Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote