View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I think it's time that P.K. Subban be thrown into the mix, and since you as a habs fan seem reluctant to call it for fear of being called out as making a homer pick, and since I am not a habs fan then I can do it. P.K. gets consideration for the summer camp and is right up there to get the call in December provided his play continues to trend upwards. I've been impressed with his play this year for the first time since his call up in the Play offs a few seasons back.
Yeah, he should be thrown into the mix, absolutely. I voiced my initial hesitation about him about a month and a half ago during his hold-out and shortly after, when he got off to a slow start. I've always had him in my top-12 or so, which means I'm projecting him to get an invitation to summer camp. If he keeps up this level of play, which is certainly possible (if not probable), I'd have him in my top 8, perhaps even in my top 7.

1. Weber
2. Keith
3. Doughty
4. Pietrangelo
5. Letang

I've been consistent with having Seabrook, Staal, and Hamhuis as my #6 to #8. Obviously all three are there strictly for their defensive play, and Staal and Hamhuis also shoot left-handed, where we're pretty thin. Seabrook and Keith are a dominant pairing in Chicago, and Seabrook merits being on the Olympic team on his accord. However, Keith paired-up with Doughty for the most part in 2010, so its not like Team Canada took huge advantage of the Keith-Seabrook chemistry anyway.

Overall, I'm not sure who I'd replace Subban for. Probably Hamhuis, but I really like his rock-solid defensive game and great speed. Not sure at this point. Very happy to see Subban doing well though!