View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 12:44 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Some of us expect representatives of the teams we support to act in a professional manner. It's shocking, I know. I don't expect anything different from my peers, bosses or subordinates. It's just how I prefer to see people handle themselves.

Is his personality a deal-breaker? Certainly not. If he's coaching a successful team, I'm probably willing to look past it. When the team is struggling, though, some of these other "flaws" are harder to overlook.

I get his frustration. I'm slamming **** around in my living room after bad losses and cursing a up blue streak. I just feel like his anger is often misdirected.
He is professional, yet sometimes he loses his composure after his team displays a lack of professionalism and attempts to mail in a performance, as if the coach would not be aware?
Heat of the moment. You're kidding yourself if you don't think behavior like this exists in all manner of business and industry in the above context.

He was not directing his anger towards Sam, but towards the team. If you or others can't see that, it's on youse i guess?