View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I disagree about sbisa. He's played in 24 games for the ducks this year and has 7 points in that span getting little ice time. Ducks fans are very high on his future and I believe he'll be a good top 4 defenseman at the nhl level for a while.

Your point about jones is confusing. You're saying you dont want to pick him because you don't think he can become the #1 we need right away and will take years to fulfil that potential?

I really don't get this stance. Jones has obvious franchise defenseman potential. His ceiling and his talent level is huge. There's a good chance he could immediately become our best defenseman.

I don't understand not drafting a guy who's potential is so great because he might not be as great his first couple years.

Guess what, this team as is is more than a couple years from being a real contender, there's just too many holes.
I'm saying if you're looking to fill the #1 D man hole immediately drafting an 18 year old isn't the answer. I think saying there's a good chance he is immediately their best dman is completely ridiculous.

Erik Karlsson is the best example of a young dynamite defenseman, and he wasn't that until he was 21. Again that sounds weird because 21 is ridiculously young, but its also 3 years away for Jones.

I'm not saying to not draft him, I'm not saying I'd be mad that they did, I'd be fine with it. However, I won't be pissed if they took a forward who is more likely to contribute at a younger age. If they want to compete, and turn this thing around in the next year or 2 Jones won't be the #1 guy they desperately need in that time, unless he is some generational talent.

He may be the long term solution there, and that's perfectly fine with me. But I see people expecting him to step into the league, be amazing, and solve the teams D problems immediately...that just doesn't happen often.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote