View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
He is definitely an emotional player. You can see how mad he gets when he can't finish and how excited he does when he or someone else does. I definitely believe he cares and works his butt off every shift.

I can see the Ryan Callahan comparison to a degree but I'm not sure he has that natural grittiness, win at all costs mentality, which separates a player like Callahan from most. I also think Callahan is more of a finisher than Shore. But a decent comparison nonetheless.
I think we'll find out relatively soon if he has anything close to the upside of Callahan. Looking at Cally's stat line, he put up 13pts in his first 52 games (pretty much his first full stint in the NHL. I'm ignoring his first 14 games the year before). The following season, he put up 40pts in 81 games, and that's pretty much been his average ever since.

Shore is on pace to actually put up better numbers than Callahan's first year, and in less games i might add, but i'm pretty sure he wasn't playing with the equivalent talent of Huby and Mueller. But yeah, i find this guy a very interesting player. I really wanna see where he ends up, talent-wise.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote