View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Rob Scuderi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I was hoping someone else would answer this, since I'm not really an expert on these players, but I'd lean towards Nevin over Tremblay for the first unit.
Those were my two PKing wingers last year and I had them in the order you said. Nevin's post-expansion usage that has a number on it is pretty steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturminator View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it. Mantha does not belong on an ATD 1st unit powerplay, but I think he's capable of manning a point on a 2nd unit. I don't consider him high-end even in this role, but he definitely did have offensive ability, and was not a pure stay-at-home guy, by any means. Cecil Hart seems to have built his system somewhat around having at least one puckmoving defenseman. If I recall correctly, when he returned to Montreal, pretty much Hart's first act as general manager was to trade for Babe Siebert, who he used in this role (Mantha already being finished).

edit: it was Babe Siebert, not Reg Noble. Of course not...Noble retired even before Mantha did.
You had reason to mix up Noble FWIW, Hart paid $6,000 for him with the Maroons and then resigned from the club when management questioned him over it.

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote