Thread: Line Combos: Reunite ROR and Landy
View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 02:35 PM
dahrougem2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Jones is in his first year of 4 year contract. He's not getting bought out, at least not yet. Maybe after next year, but Avalanche will give him sometime to bounce back. It's not going to happen this summer.
The way Jones has played, he deserves to be bought out. I just don't understand this team's philosophy, he scored 27 goals one season, and then 20 last season, and all of a sudden he's a 16 million dollar guy for 4 years? He's had major knee surgery in the past, he likely isn't going to get any faster which sucks because he's one of the slowest players on this team ESPECIALLY his first few strides, I just don't see him being worth it. We'll have Duchene, Johnson, Landeskog, O'Reilly, Varlamov, McGinn, Wilson, Barrie, etc to resign who all surely will be due for raises except for O'Reilly and if he plays up to par he won't be taking too much of a pay cut, while also having Stastny to potentially resign if we want to keep the 3C model. He just doesn't seem to fit into future plans, I say why not cut him loose earlier rather than later, I'd hate to see him playing in a top 6 role again next season.

McGinn-Duchene-Parenteau
Landeskog-Stastny-Free Agent
Free Agent/Sgarbossa-O'Reilly-Downie

That's what I'd like to see next season, can't stand David Jones

dahrougem2 is online now   Reply With Quote