View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 02:50 PM
EbonyRaptor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
Good question. And from your perspective I can understand why you wouldnt want to give those prospects up. But from the otherside, nobody outside of those prospects interests Detroit. So i guess then we have to look at picks.

Would a 1st and a prospect get it done for both sides?
I would do a 1st and any prospect except TT, Danault & Clendening - even with Filppula only being a rental because the Hawks will not be able to afford his new contract, assuming he gets more than $4M which is almost assured.

I doubt Stan Bowman does it though because the Hawks already don't have 2nd and 3rd round pick this year which were used to acquire Oduya last season. Trading the 1st would leave the Hawks with no picks in the first three rounds.

I do it because it improves more than just one position. With Filppula at 2C, that moves Bolland back to 3C and Shaw back to wing.

Edit: If the Hawks were to acquire Filppula, the only way they could afford to sign him were to trade Bolland and not re-sign Stalberg. But, if those things were to happen, I'd love to have Filppula here when Teravainen makes the team. They played together for Jokerit during the lockout and it would be very nice to ease TT into the NHL with Flip centering for him. Teravainen-Filppula-Hossa as a 2nd line looks pretty good.

Last edited by EbonyRaptor: 03-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.
EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote