Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Stone Recalled (Update: Recalled Dec 31)
View Single Post
03-14-2013, 04:03 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Fusbolito View Post
Yeah, I think most Sens fans are anticipating that Stone will play for us one day, but some seem to differ on whether or not his development is best made in the AHL or the NHL.

I tend to fall on the side of believing young players should develop in the AHL (unless they're Karlsson-level talents) and calling them up when they're ready, or letting them earn spots in Training Camp. Stone's day will come, and we should get excited for it, but I think letting him work on his speed, and get a ton of icetime on a team which is VERY likely to make the postseason (16 games left, 15 points ahead of 9th) is preferable to letting him get 10 minutes a game on a team which might make the playoffs, but, since this is such a short season, anything can happen.

I can see why some might want him in Ottawa, working with Power and Schultz, and getting more used to the speed of the game, but with a player who needs as much improvement as he does, I think his speed will come more gradually than many folks are hoping, and I wouldn't object to him staying even a year more down in Bingo working on his speed and positioning.
It seems that almost every "highly touted" player has someone say this about them on this board. There is a farm team for a reason, it's there to develop your players. So far, I think it's been working out pretty damn good for you wouldn't you say? Use it.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote