View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
If (<- big "if") Detroit continues to struggle and decides to be sellers at the TDL - what would it take from the Hawks to acquire Filppula. Keep in mind he is UFA after this season so it would be strictly a rental from the Hawks perspective. Keep the asking price reasonable - no one from active roster and none of the top three prospects (Teravainen, Danault, Clendening).
Well with Weiss going down Filppula is now the 2nd best forward that could be moved at the deadline, Iginla being the top forward. Filppula is very versatile, being able to play all 3 forward positions and he's able to pk and play on the PP, he 's also good on the draw. Though he had his most success playing on the wing I still think he would be a 45-60 point center when giving the right line mates, which he would have in Chicago.

With all of that in mind I'd want a 1st+B, or 2nd+A prospect plus prospect for him. While he has become expendable due to the play of Tatar, Nyquist & Brunner, only Brunner has really produced at the same pace Filppula has in the past.

So from Chicago I'd want one of the big 3 + a 2nd, or a 1st+McNeil/Danault. With their really only being a couple of high end forwards available the price will be high if he is being shopped.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote