View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 03:28 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Houston does seem like a logical spot for the 2nd expansion team, but I have no idea about the area's viability to be a hockey market, especially since there is some competition out there. Would Aeros fans easily make the jump to an NHL team?
Yes. The only team that really has any major pull is the Texans. The rest are bandwagon teams, so all we'd really need to do is be competitive and we'd be fine. The Aeros have a strong, loyal fanbase of about 3000-4000, and they typically pull 5000-6000 per game. We got up to 12000-13000 in the CCF, and the numbers were a steady 8-9K all throughout that playoff series.

Quote:
How would they deal with the baseball, football, and basketball teams?
Again, they're bandwagon teams. Only the Texans' will have a huge fanbase if they're not doing well. Pretty similar to Dallas, actually.

Quote:
Are there a lot of Dallas Stars fans sitting around in Houston that would adopt a new team? I think it's a risky market, even if it is a big one.
Not really. I know like, 2 or 3 people at most that'd consider themselves Stars' fans. I doubt there's much of a fanbase for hockey outside of the Aeros here at all. Quite a few play, but there aren't many fans around.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote