View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Hawkey Town 18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Any suggestions to improve my special teams?

PP (normal)
Sid Abel - Phil Esposito - Daniel Alfredsson
Ilya Kovalchuk - Paul Coffey

Bill Thoms - Milan Novy - George Armstrong
Bob Dailey - Lloyd Cook

PP (with a late lead)
Sid Abel - Phil Esposito - Ilya Kovalchuk
Lloyd Cook - Paul Coffey

George Armstrong - Milan Novy - Daniel Alfredsson
Bob Dailey - Tom Johnson

PK
Ken Mosdell - Jerry Toppazzini
Tom Johnson - Bill White

Bill Thoms - Tony Leswick
Gary Bergman - Bob Dailey

extras: Sid Abel - George Armstrong
Lloyd Cook

Kovalchuk and Coffey will play almost the full PP together, unless Kovy is moved up front to protect a late lead. If anyone wants me to post an article about Kovalchuk's legendary endurance, I can do that. Alfredsson will drop back to cover if Coffey goes into rover mode.

Bill Thoms is something of an unknown here, probably because Pelletier only came out with a bio of him recently, so nobody had any reason to suspect there was more to his game than offense, so he was usually used as a spare previously (and nobody usually bothers to bio spares - until Billy did and found the Lloyd Percival quote confirming what Pelletier said about Thoms' poke/stick checking). Here's a mini-bio of Thoms: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=970

Here's a quick link to my roster post in case anyone wants to look at bios of the other guys: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5&postcount=29

Bill White and Bob Dailey are right-handed shots (as is Ilya Kovalchuk) - the rest of the defense are left-handed.
Special Teams Units look pretty good overall. That first PP unit is going to be one of the best in the league. The 2nd PP unit seems like it could use someone that's a better finisher up front. PK units look good, especially up front.

EDIT: I don't know much about Bob Dailey, but Tom Johnson seems like he might be better on the 2nd PP unit, but then you don't have a RHS out there, so I'm not sure. Also probably depends on how much that 2nd pairing is going to be playing at ES and whom against. With Kovalchuk and Coffey playing most of the PP anyway it's probably not that big of a deal.

Hawkey Town 18 is offline   Reply With Quote