View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 04:26 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I amazed with this group's expectations for Stolarz. Has he shown a definite ability to be a # 1 goalie, or we just hoping that he is going to be "the savior"?
He's definitely shown ability to be a #1. I'll be honest, I'm one of Stolarz's biggest fans. He received a ringing endorsement from Bill Dark, the goaltending coach of the London Knights in the OHL. Dark has said on numerous occasions that Stolarz is the most athletically gifted goaltender he's ever worked with and he's got a work ethic second to none. On top of it, he also said that Stolarz is incredibly intelligent and very coachable. He's been fantastic since going to the OHL (yes, he's on a fantastic London team, but he's certainly carried his own weight) and he's improved every game he's played in.

That isn't to say that Stolarz doesn't have issues overall, but he's been one of the better goaltenders since going to the OHL and he's probably going to be in London for another year and then off to the AHL for a couple of seasons. The Flyers are developing Stolarz properly and it's expected he'll be on a five year development course and they aren't rushing that. Don Luce has been very hands on in terms of Stolarz's development and he's not having the plan changed.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote