View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
They've traded for young 1st round talent dmen. They also have taken a a good amount in the 2nd-3rd. If you're picking in the 1st round there should be an abundance of skill there anyway, not as much development needed.

Bartulis, Rathchuk, Bodrov, Marshall, Bourdon, Bertilsson were all second round picks if I remember correctly.

I'm not saying Jones would suck if he came here, but I'm not opposed to taking a forward, and trading for/signing a dman.

I understand. I wouldn't be upset if they took him, but I don't agree that he'll be the answer as soon as he steps on the ice. That's why I'm not opposed to getting someone else in the draft and going about acquiring a dman another way. I am more leery of defenseman though because they are usually less of a sure thing than forwards.
It's hard as heck to trade for good NHL ready players, and usually expensive. We got lucky with Coburn, paid 2 firsts for Carle and gave up the heigher ceiling player for Schenn.

With the scouting team we have, we are much better off holding onto our picks.

Nobody is expecting jones to fix anything next year, but we badly need top d talent in the system anyway.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote