View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 05:51 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I doubt the NHL would let Outdoor Network televise Avs games on a national telecast. It would probably remain regional and go to the same markets that Altitude currently serves. To broadcast it nationally would compete with their other agreements and it would start a NHL v Kroenke battle. That being said, if I was Kroenke I would initiate the battle because Iím guessing at least 50% of the viewers of Outdoor come from this region of the country (the other 50% in SE USA and maybe even some in Canada).

Going out on a limb, Kroenke probably wants to bring soccer to the channel
Going out on a really long limb, Kroenke wants to bid on the whole NHL package next time around. How crazy would that be, considering he doesnít really give a crap about the team he actually owns?
But the NHL would have no control over this if he wants to turn The Outdoor Channel into Altitude. It would be treated as a "Channel Rebranding/Repackaging" (much like when TNN changed to Spike TV)

That's what I'm hoping happens. That he takes The Outdoor Channel, when the sale is completed, and rebrands it as Altitude for those people who have TOC (The Outdoor Channel) but don't have Altitude. It gets his programming into more homes.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote