View Single Post
Old
03-14-2013, 04:54 PM
punch1943

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I think Rychel is only being nice when he says they have a decision to make because the only solution is to utilize both picks and let Pavelka go. I agree it hasn't helped with D being injured and forwards not backchecking but that's the time you need clear out all that and ask yourself this question. Is Pavelka is worth keeping and taking up an OA and import spot? I think the answer is quite clear and the answer is no. Overall I see Pavelka is an average/below average goalie and we have 80+ games of proof. The only goalie taking up an OA/import spot this year is Niederberger I don't believe anyone thinks Pavelka is at that level. I have never seen a goalie that gets more rope than Pavelka, even Matt Anthony had better career numbers than Pavelka and that was on average to below average teams for the Spits. Do we need 120-130 games of Pavelka to make a conclusion on how good he is?
Well put Rayzor. The OA / import slot/goalie would be a back breaker. If I remember correctly Pavelka had to be coaxed to show last year. If he does get traded you can bet the return the Spits get will have the old if he reports clause attached.
Hopefully the Import and Overage slots will be managed much better than they were this year.