View Single Post
03-14-2013, 05:05 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
This team is bad but I don't think they'll end up bad enough to get a top 5 pick let alone first (or second) over all. As bad as we are I'd easily say the Oilers, Avalanche, Flames, Panthers, Blue Jackets, and Sabres are worse than us. The Lightening and Capitals are about on our level. Most of the players on the team who are good I don't want to get rid of, and those I would get rid of for the most part aren't helping anyway. The only way maybe is if Bryz get hurt and we got with a Leighton/Boucher tandem the rest of the season. Otherwise I don't see the point in even worrying about this because it will only end in disappointment, and there as already been enough of that this season.
The games aren't played on paper though. People have been saying "we're not this bad" for weeks now, yet we still continue to play terribly. Some might say even worse. Every year there are talented teams who finish behind less-talented teams. There's no reason to think this year will be any different.

Plus the Oilers, Avalanche, Blue Jackets, and Sabres all have more confident / better goalies than us right now... that helps a lot when it comes to winning games.

The Oilers are also vastly under-performing offensively compared to what they're capable of. If you expect us to break out, they could easily do so too.

The top 5 is absolutely a possibility for us. I actually consider it LIKELY at this point.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote